JetBlue Airways Carryon Luggage Guidelines
Carryon & Checked Baggage Basics
JetBlue Airways passengers may bring onboard one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) which must fit under the seat, plus one carryon bag which must be stowed in the overhead bin.
|Carryon Bag||Personal Item|
|Maximum Dimensions||9 in x 14 in x 22 in (23 cm x 36 cm x 56 cm)||
8 in x 13 in x 17 in (20 cm x 33 cm x 43 cm)
|Maximum Weight||JetBlue currently does not have a limit on the weight of carryon bags, either for domestic or international flights.|
In accordance with FAA/TSA regulations, the following items are allowed on top of a customer’s carryon limit:
- Duty-free items (a reasonable and limited amount)
- One diaper bag (for customers traveling with a lap infant) as a carry-on item
- Special items (coat, umbrella, infant car seat, etc.)
- Assistive devices
Assistive devices include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Car seats
- Child carriers/backpack carriers
- Wheelchair batteries
- Breast pump
- POC and CPAP machines
Most assistive devices will fit in the overhead bins. If not, we can gate-check it, and it will be one of the first items brought to the jetbridge. You may also request to pick it up at baggage claim.
Checked luggage provisions and restrictions are outlined in the table below. Note that excess, oversized and/or overweight baggage are subject to additional fees.
|Blue||Blue Plus||Blue Flex||Mint|
|Checked Bags Included||0||1||2||2|
|Maximum dimensions per checked bag (length + width + height)||62 in (157 cm)||62 in (157 cm)||62 in (157 cm)||62 in (157 cm)|
|Maximum weight per checked bag||50 lb (23 kg)||50 lb (23 kg)||50 lb (23 kg)||
70 lb (32 kg) for first two,
50 lb (23 kg) per succeeding bag
|Applicable fee for bags on top of checked bag allowance||$20 when purchased during web check-in or at a kiosk;
$25 at the check-in counter;
$35 for the second checked bag;
$100 for each succeeding checked bag
|$35 for the second checked bag;
$100 for each succeeding checked bag
|$100 for each succeeding checked bag|
Overweight, Oversized Baggage and Excess Bags
Overweight, oversized, and excess baggage may be checked on a load-availability basis, per the guidelines detailed below. Please note, fees will be assessed for each category that applies.
Example #1 – if a bag is overweight and oversized, the overweight fee plus the oversized fee will apply.
Example #2 – if a bag is the third bag and is also overweight and oversized, the three additional fees (overweight, oversized, excess bag) will be assessed.
Charges for excess, oversize, and overweight bags will be assessed and collected at the airport upon check-in.
|51 – 99 lb (23 – 45 kg)||$100 per bag|
|Bags over 99 lb (45 kg)||Will not be accepted|
* Please note: Overweight baggage will not be accepted on flights to/from the Dominican Republic, Haiti or Trinidad & Tobago. Baggage over 70 pounds will not be accepted on flights to/from Lima, Peru.
|63 – 80 in (203 cm)||$100 per bag|
|Bags over 80 in (203 cm)||Will not be accepted|
* Please note: oversized baggage will not be accepted on flights to/from the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Peru or Trinidad & Tobago.
Checked Baggage Requirement Exceptions for Select Markets
For Blue and Blue Plus fares for flights to or from the following BlueCities, one (1) checked bag is included and the second checked bag fee is $35:
- Santo Domingo (SDQ)
- Santiago (STI)
- Port-au-Prince (PAP)
- Port of Spain (POS)
- Kingston (KIN)
- Cartagena (CTG)
- Medellin (MDE)
- Bogota (BOG)
- Lima (LIM)
- Mexico City (MEX)
- Quito (UIO)
Additional Baggage Guidelines for all of Dominican Republic, Haiti and Trinidad & Tobago
- Each customer may check a total of two (2) bags (one (1) checked bag included for SDQ, STI, PAP, & POS).
- Each bag must not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) in overall dimensions and cannot exceed 50 pounds (23 kg). Baggage dimensions are determined by adding the length, width, and height together.
- Additional baggage and bags that exceed the overall dimensions or weight will not be allowed onboard flights to/from the Dominican Republic, Haiti, or Trinidad & Tobago.
- Additional baggage will be accepted on flights to/from La Romana, Dominican Republic
- Customers traveling to/from Lima, Peru may check one (1) bag free of charge only if 50 pounds (23 kg) or less and 62 inches (157 cm) or less.
- A second bag may be checked for an additional charge
- Maximum number of checked bags is two (2), and maximum allowed weight is 70 pounds (32 kg) each.
- Each bag must not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) in overall dimensions. Baggage dimensions are determined by adding the length, width, and height together.